Who are Social Media Influencers?
Social media influencers are people who have established an online reputation and credibility for themselves on their choice of social media platform. They can be experts or have a niche interest in any particular or multiple categories such as – Fashion, Lifestyle, Travel, Finance, etc. Basically, there is an influencer in each category.
Dawn of Social Media Influencers:
In this digital day & age, the number of social media platforms are ever increasing including the number of users. More than a third of the world’s population is accessing social media. There are influencers in each category on various platforms. Social media has connected people globally. Thus, any information/news spreads at lightspeed. This makes it a perfect medium for brands to promote their products globally. This gave birth to a whole new mode of marketing. If you want to establish your brand in India, then we would recommend you to opt for a Social Media Agency In Delhi (now Gurugram), as they are the hub of this new & rapidly growing industry. Globally, it is on the verge of becoming a $10 Billion industry.
Benefits of Social Media Influencer Marketing:
- Social media influencers act as a catalyst for brands to connect with more consumers
with their social media reach. This significantly increases the brand presence in the
remotest areas which wouldn’t have been possible otherwise.
- Their followers feel safer to consume the products which are endorsed by someone they already look up to!
- Influencer marketing is a much cheaper option for brands to promote their products as compared to TVC & Print ads.
- Their content is readily available for their followers to check as per their convenience. This also increases the longevity of a brand on the influencer’s social media account.
- Their content is more engaging & entertaining as they can communicate via Tweets, Posts, LIVE Sessions, etc.
Drawbacks of Social Media Influencer Marketing:
- Social Media Influencers are always in the public eye. So, everything they do will be noticed by the masses.
- Some of the Social Media Influencers lack a formal education. This can be bad for kids, & young adults who idolize these influencers & want to follow the footsteps by leaving education.
- In rare instances, an influencer might indulge in a controversy. This might have an ill-effect on the brands associated with them.
- Some of the influencers misuse their fame & power which can again lead to bad publicity of the brands associated with them.
There’s a lot of analysis & permutation & combination that goes behind each post. The best possible way for you to establish your brand in the Delhi NCR region with a cost efficient budget is to reach out to various Social Media Agency In Delhi. You can also checkout Social Media Marketing Company Gurgaon (now Gurugram), as they are the epicenter of this relatively new & thriving industry.
Well, good & bad are just two sides of the same coin. It is true what they say – with great power comes great responsibility. So, it is best left up to the individual’s perspective on what they want to preserve from a social media influencer.
About the author: Ankit Dadhich loves to play board games & solve brainteasers. Apart from that, he also enjoys researching & analyzing new things to predict future trends.