Over the last decade, efforts in content marketing have increased dramatically. Around the world, there are millions of blog posts and articles that go live every day. Marketers are always finding answers to questions like – What is the most effective content strategy? What’s the difference between B2C and B2B SaaS marketing? How successful are SaaS campaigns?
A major reason why brands prioritize SaaS content marketing is that it is an effective method to fill their sales data with quality leads. SaaS content marketing is also defined as a long-term marketing strategy implemented to attract and convert a target audience with unique content.
In this article, we’ll be covering the fundamentals of SaaS content marketing and tips to captivate your audience. Finally, the foolproof 7-step guide for an effective SaaS marketing content strategy.
1. Define Your Target Audience
Research is imperative before sharing relevant content with your audience. Understanding the demands of your audience is equally important for SaaS content marketing.
To begin the research, start building customized questions considering your brand objectives. Before you ideate your first piece of content, you need key answers to requirements such as
• The attributes of an ideal customer
• Characteristics such as age and gender
• Their interests
• Preferred social media platforms
2. Evaluate Your Competitors
Getting into SaaS content marketing without researching your competitors would exhaust resources aimlessly. Once you’ve identified your audience, you can initiate an in-depth study of your competitors’ campaigns.
Analyze their backlink traffic and semantics of published content, such as keywords, content buckets, weaknesses, and strengths. This will help you gauge your strategy better and fill in the gaps with your brand’s insightful content.
3. Analyze Pain Points & Campaign Goals
Taking the time to understand your consumer’s journey helps build long-lasting relationships with them. It is vital to get to know what they’re on the lookout for on the internet. How do you go above and beyond to resolve their problems if you don’t recognize their pain points?
By using the boom of digital technology, perform qualitative market research. Listen to what your audience is saying online through real-time assistance like live chat, co-browsing, and AT chatbots.
4. Perform Keywords Search
Here are the keywords you just can’t overlook! At each stage of your consumers’ journey, there are unique keywords that direct them to your brand.
• Before awareness about your services, they might reach you through a how-to search
• After learning about your brand, they’ll want to look up reviews
• They’ll look for ‘How-to set-up‘ once they’ve made a purchase
• They might also look up instructions as they actively adopt your product
• On encountering a customer service problem, they’ll search for solutions
5. Follow Metrics That Matter
Covered everything from the previous stages? We can now reveal the secret of how you’ll find success in your SaaS marketing campaigns. Tracking the effectiveness of your campaigns ensures confidence that your investments are producing the desired outcomes. Achieve clarity by establishing a reporting system that monitors key performance metrics while setting campaign goals.
Some important terms you should know
- Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC) – This metric helps you identify how to allocate your resources for marketing activities better. Use the formulae CAC = MC / CA, where MC represents your SaaS content marketing cost, and CA is the number of acquired customers.
- Lead Conversion Rate (LCR) – The formula for this metric is LCR = C / L.C which gives you the number of conversions where L stands for leadership opportunities. It helps you define the number of visitors to a specific article or website.
6. Activate Content Production
For the most crucial part of the campaign, you can hire creative experts for content writing services in Delhi or the nearest city. Now that you’ve got all your keywords in place, align your team to produce targeted content. Set up a step-by-step process with content calendars, talent for content creation, and reliable resources for publication.
Pro Tip: Use a project management platform to communicate with your content creation team.
7. Earn Through Traffic
Publishing content that no one will read is not what SaaS marketing is all about. After all the groundwork that you’ve put into building a successful campaign, you need to make sure it reaches your audience and your brand makes the most of it.
You need to generate enough traffic to your website and blogs post through –
- Organic Search: This should be your number one priority right from the start. A combination of marketing tactics like interlinking, technical SEO, and content optimization drives your audience to excellent content on your pages.
- Email Marketing: Using this medium might take some time to turn it into an effective SaaS marketing channel, but it still gives you full control of your inboxes. Through weekly or biweekly newsletters and regular product updates, you can engage with potential consumers and target audiences.
If you’re on the lookout for a social media agency that caters to SaaS content writing needs in Delhi or Mumbai, head to our website to check out some successful marketing campaigns we’ve carried out globally.
Author: Saniya has been in the field of writing for the past 2 years. While writing is a passion, her interests also lie in extensive reading and following up with what brands are doing digitally.